Outlook 2007 (PC) -> Outlook 2011 (Mac)

Reaction score
My iMac is less than a week old and I'm kicking myself for not jumping sooner!!!

What's the best way to move Outlook 2007 from my PC to Outlook 2011 on my Mac?

I can move the PSTs very easily, but how to I get the other Outlook stuff (accounts, organize colors, rules/filters, dictionary, etc.)?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As you already noted, the PST files can be moved directly and fairly easily. However, other things such as your accounts, address book, filters and so on do not move over.

Move2Mac is a bit pricey at $39.95 but it's an option to consider. I don't know if you want to go that route and it may be easier and more efficient to just re-create them on the Mac.

One thing to keep in mind... Outlook for the Mac is a new application (version 1.0) and as such has some growing up to do. Maybe someone else can jump in here and offer some better suggestions, so hang on for a bit before you decide.

OP
John Greer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait a bit, just in case someone has built a third party app to migrate...

Reaction score
Just throwing something into the pot for you to consider. I have had problems on my top end i7 windows7 x64 PC with outlook 2007 crashing, so I looked for a free alternative (I hate having to keep paying Microsoft)! I found Mozilla Thunderbird and installed it onto the PC.I found I could import all my old saved emails and addresses from outlook. Please do not ask me how I did it, I just did. It is intuitive, and once you get round to installing all the addons and extensions, it is really feature rich.

Just recently I purchased a 2011 15" macbook pro and found problems with mac mail and multiple IMAP email addresses from the same ISP and so installed and configured all my accounts (8 in total) into the mac version of Mozilla Thunderbird. I am now in the process of copy all my addresses onto a memory stick and importing them into the mac. Perhaps this is what you are after?

This link could help if you have Thunderbird and Outlook installed on the PC.....

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_.pst_files

Reaction score
I just made sure the pst file was not in legacy Outlook ANSI format by saving a Copy in O2007, copied that pst to a shared folder, then asked O2011 to import it, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. Slick as a whistle.

I exported a copy of the O2011 version before copying and pasting the imported items to the correct folders in their respective sections. Glad I did, because I bungled it couple of times and had to start over. There are a couple of tricks at his point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.