• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple’s growing popularity increasingly making Macs malware targets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
This is why I could honestly care less if the user share of Mac's stayed the same as it is. I don't want them to end up like M$FT in the soon future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
*sarcasm* I'm shaking with fear. *sarcasm*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I thought I posted this link somewhere but Daring Fireball has a good article called Wolf!
Daring Fireball: Wolf!

You do have to be careful - don't get me wrong, but since 2004 this story has run on various websites with various incarnations.

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good article. However, considering how complacent Mac owners are about malware, there certainly is something to this and the other article.

Generally, the first thing a new Windows user hears and learns, is to protect his\her machine from malware and infections. I don't want folks to get the impression that the "Sky is Falling" but it does behoove each one of us to engage in smart computing and not assume everything is OK.

Reaction score
Not to mention some of the most powerful viruses and Trojans didn’t spread from unknown sources, but came from someone clicking a link in an email that they thought was legit.
I have told so many people, when they see an email that says they need to log in and change their password, that it is probably a spoof of a phishing email…yet they click on it anyway and attempt to log in.
It’s not the Trojans that snuck in, but the ones people willingly install that plague the IT world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.