Network, file Sharing, will not access computers

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i love all the support out there and i have been searching threads but unable to find a fix, thus far :(

I have at home:
1 Macbook
1 Macbook Pro
1 iMac

All have access to the internet via "airport" and we can view web etc with no issues.

We want to be able to share music files, drop boxes etc.... i need to share documents and pictures and prefer not to use a thumb dve.
i have from preferences turned on file sharing on all 3 including "afp" "ftp". I am unable to view each computer. I can access the internet from any location at home.

Not sure what else to add apart from please help :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, well thanks for the tip! i had tried all these and did not want to continue with the excessive download use through email, drop boxes etc.....

Found the solution!

Vivifi (internet provider) Does not support UPnP.... So i gues my solution is fixed. and this is why i can share @work but not once i walk through the doors at home.

i can buy a gateway through them for $299 that does suppot it.... spewin is all i say unless i find a work around this Big issue....

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
We want to be able to share music files, drop boxes etc.... i need to share documents and pictures, Printing etc.... and prefer not to use a thumb dve. i also want to but a Netgear NAS unit, or similar..

All my computers(4) have no issue accessing and using the internet. i have since found half my issue... ViViFi! this is why i can share @work but not once i walk through the doors at home.

Vivifi (internet provider) Does not support UPnP.... So i gues my solution is a new provider unless a work around this. this is why i am here today...

Vivifi is a mobile wifi hot spot actually made by infomark and rebadged. apparently you can set the unit to "bridge" but it dies(bricked) according to research???
i have at home a nb9wmaxx. i can also set this to "bridge".

Saying this i would like to point my computers to "nb9wmaxx" that is pointing to my vivifi (portable) unit, receiving its internet access etc. this way i am hoping my NB9 will allow UPnP sharing and also i can connect a NAS unit into the RJ45 ports... fixing my sharing issues at home?

(i do not have a phone line in my home)

All help/advice is appreciated

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.