Mac Issue In Finder ???

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to find a solution to three issues, can anyone help?

When trying to rename file names with music files in Finder a pop up confirms,
i dont have sufficiant access privileges to rename the item.

And when wanting to delete music files in Finder a popup confirms
Finder requires that i type my password.

Also when wanting to move music files a pop up confirms, the item Piano demo could not be moved because GarageBand demos cannot be modified (Authenticate) but when tapping in the password to authenticate nothing happens.

The Mac belongs to me and I'm the administrator, this is very annoying when trying to rename change and move files etc, how do i change the settings to save all this inconvineance and time?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Right click on the file in question and select "Get Info". In the pop up dialog at the bottom observe the permissions. Click on the small lock and enter your admin password. The lock should open. Change the permissions on the file in question to read and write. Click OK and close the dialog.
You should now be able to rename, delete, or move the file.

Note that it's possible some Garageband demos are locked and even changing permissions won't work.

OP
musicmad
Reaction score
Thanks chscag, will comply with what you said, hope it works? will get back.

Mm.

OP
musicmad
Reaction score
Negative, i complied with all that you said but nothing changed.. what could be the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.