Problems connecting Android phone to wifi/need static IP details of wifi network

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Time Capsule and use wifi for one imac (located elsewhere in the house). Works perfectly.

But I can't connect my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S) to the wireless network. It finds the network ok, and connects, but then the phone refuses to access any internet (browser, mail, upgrades, nothing).

I've used the phone elsewhere on dozens of wifi networks (although perhaps not a airport network) so I am guessing it is the network rather than the phone that needs to be tweaked to solve this problem.

A suggestion from trawling the internet about my phone is to use a static IP address - I've found the settings on the phone for this purpose but I don't know how to find the IP address, Gateway, Netmask, and DNS1 and DNS 2 numbers from my wifi network to enter.

Any help much appreciated.

Andrew

PS I know I should just buy an iphone. indulge me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.