Handbrake Jittery Video Conversion

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been converting my whole DVD collection using Handbrake and it's going swimmingly so far when I use the Universal or Normal presets (Version 0.9.5).

However when I use AppleTV2 or High Profile (as I'm thinking about getting the latest Apple TV) the playback in iTunes or Quicktime is very jittery, as in it will play the first few seconds of video and audio then only audio. Scrubbing through stalls Quicktime of iTunes for a few seconds. Playing the same videos in VLC Player or other movie players and they work fine.

The same issue goes for when I'm converting 720p videos as well.

Could it be that my MacBook is not powerful enough to handle the videos or does Quicktime and iTunes have a bit of a problem there? Kinda putting a stall on me getting the new AppleTV as it streams the video from your shared Library.

Any help appreciated guys

Cheers!

Oh! My iPad (first gen.) and iPhone 4 have no problem playing the videos which are converted using the AppleTV2 or High Profile preset by the way, even 720p videos as well.

Weird!

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.