installing iWork from disk image or Time Machine backup

Reaction score
I just got a new MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.6.7. I also have a desktop Mac, on which I have iWork '09. I want to install the same copy of iWork on my Macbook. I would install it from the iWork DVD, but I can't seem to find it ...

I tried making a backup of my desktop Mac with Time Machine on an external hard drive, then using Migration Assistant to copy Applications onto the MacBook. But for some reason, all the applications copied except iWork.

I also tried using Disk Utility to create a disk image of iWork, which I burned onto a DVD, then put in my MacBook. I copied and pasted iWork from the disk image into the Applications folder on my MacBook.

When I tried to open Pages, Numbers, or Keynote on the MacBook, I got a message that said, "Pages cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Pages works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X..."

I tried restarting, deleting iWork from the Applications folder and re-copying and pasting, and I've downloaded all software updates ... all iWork apps still won't open :(

Sorry this is so long. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As per the iWork licence agreement, the single user licence only allows you to have iWork installed on one computer. If you have a family licence, simply pop the disk in and install another copy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.