MacBook 6,1 Issue

Reaction score
When I close the lid, the logo stays lit, and the computer will never sleep. I have to open the lid and do Option+Command+Eject to sleep it.

Is there something I should be looking at to resolve this issue?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
C
Reaction score
Well, it turns out, if I leave Google Chrome running, the computer takes a few minutes to engage sleep. If I quit Chrome, and then shut the lid, the computer sleeps in a few seconds.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try another browser to make sure. I don't understand what Chrome could be doing to slow down the sleep mode?

OP
C
Reaction score
I did more testing.

I tried Safari for about 10 minutes, browsing sites like Facebook, YouTube, Apple and my email...then closed the window, and shut the lid. The computer didn't sleep for 30 seconds. I opened the lid, quit Safari, closed the lid (leaving only Mail and Finder running). The computer went to sleep after about 5 seconds. I opened the lid, ran Google Chrome for 10 minutes, viewing the same sites...closed the window, shut the lid. Computer didn't sleep for roughly a minute. If I leave a window open in Chrome, the screen stays on, the computer stays on, though the lid is shut, and the computer won't sleep at all (if I do this in Safari, the computer takes about 30 seconds to sleep, with the screen staying lit until then).

Yesterday however, I didn't have any windows open (though Chrome was still running) when I had the issue with the screen staying on and the computer not sleeping.

In the past I've reset the SMC because my cooling fan is running a little high.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.