AEBS w/ NAS; R/W Privilege issues

Reaction score
Hi All! First time poster yet long time lurker, anyways question for those more knowledgeable than myself. I have a Airport Extreme (MC340LL/A) connected to a D-Link NAS (DNS-321) via ethernet. The issue i'm having is when i connect to the NAS remotely via FTP, i have no write privileges on my Mac (Late 2010 MBP w/ OSX SL), yet on any windows machine i do. Now when i take this same MBP home and get on my local net, i can write to the NAS no problem.

I do have users set up with privileges for read and write on the NAS. I wasn't sure if this is some networking issue or if it's related to SMB vs. AFP. Currently the NAS is set to Samba. Also are the "airdisk" options within the Airport utility directed specifically for HDDs attached via USB? In regards to airdisk options within the airport utility i haven't touched them.

Let me know if more information is required to come to some sort of conclusion here.

Thanks in Advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.