audio support

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this goes here. Mods please put it in the right place.
I have this weird dialog box that pops up and says that some kind of audio support kext file isn't installed properly. Everything on my computer works like it should. I don't have any applications that fail to function properly. I tried to copy and paste the exact msg. the next time it comes up I will again or write it down if I have to.

please advise

C

chas_m

Without the specific wording, it's very hard to advise. Hope you can get the wording written down, then we can be of more help.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you installed a program called "Spin Doctor" recently? I believe it was part of some versions of Toast. If I remember correctly something about that program's installation caused that error or a similar one.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have enclosed the actual msg I keep getting. Yes my version of Toast 10 Titanium has spin doctor installed.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAduioCaptureSupport.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vendor for an update

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I thought so. That message drove me nuts for a while as well. MacWorld talked about this a bit recently for these types of files in general. Dealing with incompatible extensions | Mac OS X | Mac 911 | Macworld. Their general suggestions seem to be the same as the ones I have seen other users try to fix this file.

1. Some have had success by making sure Toast 10 is up to date. The latest version of Toast 10 is I believe 10.0.8. I have not tried Toast 11 yet to see if the error persists,

2. Updating permissions has fixed the problem for some.

As a last resort you could trash this file if you do not use Spin Doctor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.