Deleting Cookies

Reaction score
Hi peeps, do cookies need to be deleted on Mac? I am a ex windows person and i remember deleting cookies and temp files to keep the pc clean and wondering if this this the case for Mac
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Which browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If it concerns you and you are using Safari 5, go into Preferences > Security > Show Cookies and there is an option to remove all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As far as whether you need to delete them.... you don't have to, but regardless of the OS, most of us like to every now and then.
I do mine every 2-3 months, not that I really see any difference :D
Overall, you don't get the bloat in OS X like you do with the Windows registry, so ultimately, maintenance is minimal.
The application of choice for many of us here is definitely OnyX.
It is a free utility that will take care of things.
If you're unsure as to what everything does, just use the automation tab with the following checked (which I think is the default).

Be sure to download the version relevant to the OS you are running(scroll down the link to get the older versions).
Download OnyX for Mac - OS X maintenance & optimization tool. MacUpdate.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
cookie-monster-20080603-133713.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.