recording audio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
Hi.....All I really want to do right now is record my voice to practice public speaking and diction. I have a Samson C01U mic and it is recognized by the computer but.....what program can I use to record just my voice? I'd rather NOT get into Garage Band unless it is really the best way to do this.

Thanks for any help you can provide !

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The easiest thing to do would be to use QuickTime Player and choose New Audio Recording. QT will open a new file and present you with a window containing record and playback controls. If you are running OS X 10.6 or higher you won't need QuickTime Pro for this.

BTW I taught public speaking for a while. If your Mac has an iSight camera make a video recording of some of your practice sessions. This allows you to see if your gestures appear natural or if you are overusing a gesture or developing some other distracting movement pattern.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. i appreciate the reply. I'll try t out this afternoon. Thanks again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay...that works just fine. Thanks for the help.

I know this must sound dumb but.....I now have 15 audio tracks I've made and I can't figure out how to delete them. I tried dragging them to the trash....no good. I've tried highlighting them and looking for the delete command but it isn't highlighted in the drop down menu.

any solutions???

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Drag them to the trash then right click the trash can and choose Empty Trash. If the Finder complains that a file is still in use try quoting QuickTime (command Q) then empty the trash again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.