failing configuration of windows update in Parallels+Window7 Home edition

Reaction score
HI, I'm a naive user in my Macbook Pro, installed parallel to run Windows 7 Home edition. It seems slow but in general is okay. It only has a problem to configure windows update, meaning it seems installing updates but when I restart it doesn't configure and sometimes show an error message like I don't have a genuine copy of Windows (which is GENUINE and of course my Parallels copy also is !!), and this is on and off..

I would say this is pretty unstable overall. I don't know if this is a problem with parallels or Windows7, and to me it seems they both are pretty fragile. If you have an idea about this please please let me know! Thank you all..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're getting a "Genuine Windows" warning, that means something isn't installed correctly. What you need to do is remove the Windows 7 VM and reinstall. Assuming you're running the latest version of Parallels, that should be OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.