Macbook HD, RAM size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.0 Ghz C2D 4G Ram
Hey gang,
I'm shopping the used MB market at the moment, I travel for work, and I'm mainly looking for a better option than my iPod Touch for email, movies, light duty photo editing and such while on the road. I don't need cutting edge speed or storage. My question is, how much is 'enough' for basic needs...

At the moment, budget and the 'market' say 2.0 Ghz with about 84Gig HD and 1G of Ram in a black 13" MB

I know the Ram will need updating later, but the HD is the question.

Oh, and yes, I could get an iPad, but I am opting for a laptop so I can also play DVDs.

Thanks for any/all advice.

Ned

Reaction score
I believe the hard drive is replaceable, no? For not much money you could get a 160gb drive and swap it yourself.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.0 Ghz C2D 4G Ram
That's what I've found too... which opens up other options, Thanks!

Reaction score
Upgrade the RAM, then the HDD, IMO. Upping the RAM will make the overall experience faster and more enjoyable, allowing you to run more programs in the background without your system slowing down.

Adding a faster HDD will increase the speed of your opening applications and overall speed of the system. You'll see a more noticeable increase with more RAM though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.