Automator: Having trouble converting multi-page TIFF to PDF

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Penryn) 2.8ghz 4GbRam 500GbHDD
I have a simple Automator/Applescript requirement to simply convert multiple page TIFF files to PDF.

My work has fax software that saves files as multiple page TIFFs. In order to see faxes when I'm not in the office I save to a dropbox folder.

The Dropbox iPhone app can't actually open/display TIFF files so I thought I'd use an automator folder workflow to convert the files to PDF. It seems easy in principle, but the resulting PDF contains only the first page of the TIFF file. The Preview automator action "Change type of images" doesn't have a PDF option, but there is a "New PDF from images" action available. Using this I get the PDF file of the first page of the TIFF file only.

Using PDFPen I can manually open the TIFF and SaveAs PDF and this achieves precisely what I need, and PDFPen does have applescript support, although my knowledge of Applescript is very limited and there is no documentation on which commands PDFPen supports in applescript. None of the included sample scripts help me to work out how to simply open the TIFF in PDFPen and save it out as a PDF. I contacted the developer, Smile who responded

If you are interesting in learning more about AppleScript, we generally suggest the book AppleScript 1-2-3: Amazon.com: Apple Training Series: AppleScript 1-2-3 (9780321149312): Sal Soghoian, Bill Cheeseman: Books
And you can see some examples of existing PDFPenPro AppleScripts by viewing the ones that came with PDFPen, located on your computer at [Home]/Library/Application Support/PDFpenPro/Scripts

I have this book already, but I'm not able to work out how to achieve what I need to do.

Anyone been able to convert multiple page TIFFs to PDF using Automator or Applescript?

I've searched for an anser and found plenty of people with the same problem, but no solutions yet.

Thanks,

Mark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.