AirPort shows all bars, but can't connect the internet!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a very frustrating problem since 2 days now. I can't connect to the internet from my homenetwork with my Macbook Pro. There's no password issue, all bars are full and status says 'connected'. I really tried everything yet: restarting AirPort, delete some .plist-files, refresh DHCP, hard reset my mac, and even fully reset the router. The weird thing also is, everyone else in the house can connect to the router without any problem.
It's really like my ip is 'blacklisted' in the router or something... What sould I do, I'm so desperate...

Thank you!
Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 10.7.2, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD; iPhone 4S 16GB
It sounds like you are connected to the router, just not connected to the Internet. Have you tried running an Ethernet from your MBP to your router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Do you have access restricted restricted to mac addresses on router?
Check your network (ip), address in network settings, make sure it isn't
starting out with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

OP
M
Reaction score
Do you have access restricted restricted to mac addresses on router?
Check your network (ip), address in network settings, make sure it isn't
starting out with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

It's not starting with 169, but indeed I think my router is blocking my MAC-address...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
It's not starting with 169, but indeed I think my router is blocking my MAC-address...

All you have to do is go into your router settings and add the mac address from your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.