iMac hangs at blue screen on shutdown or restart

Reaction score
Hi all,

As per title, I took the latest set of security updates for 10.6.7 and now my iMac hangs on shutdown or restart.

I have reloaded Snow Leopard and all worked as advertised until the last set of updates were applied through Software Update.

Is there a rollback facility to undo updates? I know that Big Bad Bill's mob has the facility but don't know about OS X.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi all,

As per title, I took the latest set of security updates for 10.6.7 and now my iMac hangs on shutdown or restart.

I have reloaded Snow Leopard and all worked as advertised until the last set of updates were applied through Software Update.

Is there a rollback facility to undo updates? I know that Big Bad Bill's mob has the facility but don't know about OS X.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately you can't rollback to an earlier version. The first thing I would try is to download the 10.6.7 Update Combo and see if that fixes your issues. Sometimes that will iron out a bug introduced with the normal update process. If that fails, your only recourse is to reinstall and apply the 10.6.6 Update Combo instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.