Best place to post

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Is there a best/right area in which to post a request for people to fill in a survey? Don't want to get myself in trouble :p

Cheers,

Adam

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It depends on the topic of the survey, I suppose.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A fair point. Software market research so in the OS X - Applications and Games?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yep, I'd say that would be the best spot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Can I ask why you're doing the survey. It may or may not go against our spam rules.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm developing some software and want to do some market research. I'm not advertising anything (the company name doesn't appear anywhere in the post or the survey).

The only thing about spam I could find was in the community guidelines. I don't believe I've solicited or advertised. If I've missed something then my apologies. It was not my intention to do anything against the rules (hence checking where best to post).

Don’t spam or advertise.
Soliciting, advertising, or anything else deemed “spammy” will not be permitted. If you want to advertise on Mac-Forums, click the link at the bottom of the page. Use the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for all private sales transactions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's for a commercial software product, then it's something we normally wouldn't allow. You may want to wait to apply for our developer program which should be available in the near future.

The only surveys we currently allow are for educational research purposes.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Normally wouldn't allow or just plain don't allow?

Can you let me know where it says this as I feel like a muppet now but can't find anything other than this thread? It's not in the community guidelines and I can't find anything when searching (maybe I'm not going far enough back but assume a rule would have been stickied).

If I'd seen I'd have been able to avoid making a muppet of myself and also not feel a little incensed that a small request for help has been removed despite it not being confirmed that the post will be removed; just that it's something we normally wouldn't allow. Nor do I think it's fair to class it as spam. I'm not griping. You're the boss, c'est la vie but it being made a little clearer up front would be good.

I'll see what is offered with the developer program but it's the opinion of users rather than other developers I was after.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok let me make it clear. A survey for commercial purposes is not allowed since it violates our spam policies.

While you're free to disagree, that's our policy.

You are free to apply for our dev program when it launches, and if you're accepted there will be a location for you to be able to solicit software feedback.

To be fair, if you had been more open and up front about what the survey was about in your initial question, this wouldn't have been as confusing. ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be fair, if you had been more open and up front about what the survey was about in your initial question, this wouldn't have been as confusing. ;)

I'm not going to drag this on but just say that there was no need to be open and up front as there was nothing I saw anywhere saying it would be a problem ;)

When you asked I answered. Nothing underhand about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.