Google update

Reaction score
Google Software keeps asking me if I want to allow connections for cache.pack.google.com via ksurl every time I switch on.

How can I stop this?

C

chas_m

Uninstall Google Earth.

Then go to where you would normally download Google Earth, choose the "advanced" button, and download the "no background daemons" version.

OP
C
Reaction score
I don't have Google earth, could be Chrome which I've binned this morning.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you have no Google software on your machine, it's possible that GoogleSoftwareUpdate is still around and is having issues since there is no Google software to update. If you go to <your HD>/Library/Google, there will be a folder called GoogleSoftwareUpdate. This is where the updater resides. To uninstall it, Google doesn't provide a nice and neat method - you're going to have to do this with the Terminal. Open up Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/) and enter the following:
Code:
sudo /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/install.py --uninstall
You should probably keep it around if you have Google software installed - otherwise, it's of no use.

GoogleSoftwareUpdate does not come with Chrome as Chrome's updater is built into the browser. Have you installed any other Google products lately?

OP
C
Reaction score
No other google software installed and none at all since trashed chrome. Thanks for help seems it is sorted now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.