Exec. file wont run in DOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66Ghz i7 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 240GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD & 480GB Mercury Pro SSD
I purchased a dvd manual for my motorcycle and tried to open it on my MacBook Pro OSX and I get a textedit window that says it won't run in DOS.

I opened my Windows7 in Bootcamp and it runs fine but would rather run it on my Mac without using Windows if possible.

Any way to do this?? I'm sure I'm leaving out info that's needed to help me so let me know what you need to know to help me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What format is the manual in? In other words, is the manual on the DVD an executable file? Most manuals on DVD that I'm familiar with are usually done as PDF. Which means that they can be read on a Mac or PC.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66Ghz i7 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 240GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD & 480GB Mercury Pro SSD
It's in Universal Disc Format

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It has a file on it called RePromExec. when clicked on in Windows it opens up the DVD allowing you to access everything on it and choose which language you wish to view it in. There are also pdf files there but when opened on the Mac they are in German.

Thank you for the prompt response

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like that's Windows only. I've got a bunch of manuals for various equipment we own but they're done up as PDF. It's been a long time since I've seen one for Windows only. I don't see any way to view that on your Mac other than running Windows either from Boot Camp or a VM.

I guess you could always print out the parts of the manual you need, but I suspect a manual for a motorcycle is going to contain lots of pages. Might not be too practical.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bummer 8( oh well at least I have Windows on my MacBook and can view it. Thank you for your time and expertise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.