Dirt Inside The Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, 32GB iPhone 4S Black, 32GB iPod Touch
I have a 21.5" iMac, a year old, lately I've noticed dirty streaks in the top left corner of the screen. You can only notice it when light colours are on it, I removed the screen and cleaned it and it made no difference so the problem must be right inside the screen. Is there anything I can do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a screenshot of your desktop with the "dirty" spots showing. Look at the screenshot, do the dirty spots show up on the screenshot?

If the dirty spots show up on the screenshot, they're graphics related; if not, it's probably a LCD defect.

If your iMac still under warranty or extended Apple care? If it is, make an appointment and take it on in for Apple to repair.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, 32GB iPhone 4S Black, 32GB iPod Touch
Doesn't show up on the screenshot, my warranty ran out 2 weeks ago...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take it on in anyway. With some luck on your part, they'll repair it for free. It won't hurt to try. Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.