Synching IPhone 4 to IMAC Desktop

Reaction score
All,

For some reason or another I cannot synch my IPhone 4 to the Itunes on the IMAC desktop. I have the cable connected, checked Itunes and my Iphone does not appear in the Itunes Menu as it used to when I had a Toshiba laptop. Is there a software program or an update that I am not using? I just bought the IMAC desktop and everything else seems to work fine like connecting my camera and pulling up the Iphoto. What am I missing?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

J.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Is it the same USB cable as you used before??
Are you using a USB extender/splitter.. Does that need/have a power supply?

OP
J
Reaction score
It is the USB cable that came with my phone. NO power supply is necessary. It is connected from the Iphone to the USB port on the backside of the IMAC desktop.

OP
J
Reaction score
Are there any super smart IMACers out there to answer this riddle? I cannot synch my IPhone 4 to my IMAC desktop. Under the menu bar everything is grayed out as though I am not linked. This is baffling me since the transition should be simple being one apple product to another. Please help. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
Are there any super smart IMACers out there to answer this riddle? I cannot synch my IPhone 4 to my IMAC desktop. Under the menu bar everything is grayed out as though I am not linked. This is baffling me since the transition should be simple being one apple product to another. Please help. Thanks!
You probably need to authorize the iMac for your iPhone to sync. That's the problem. Connect your iPhone. In iTunes, go to "Store" > "Authorize This Computer." Follow the prompts, and that should solve your problem. :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Pokermaniac,

I did that as well. Maybe I will try restarting the computer again. Sometimes I think I have antitechnology demons that sit on my shoulders playing games with me. Haha....Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
If all else fails, do you have the Apple Care Protection Plan, or is your iMac new? If so, you can call Apple and troubleshoot it with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.