From MS Word to Ipad pages

Reaction score
Is it possible to move a MS Word document to Ipad pages and if so how and what about formatting?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I do it all the time - typically by e-mailing it to myself - as I almost never hook my iPad up to my computer. I also use iDisk and Dropbox to get files onto my iPad easily.

C

chas_m

Dropbox, Goodreader, and many many other programs will let you read Word documents. If you need to edit a Word document, I suggest Pages for iPad.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Dropbox, Goodreader, and many many other programs will let you read Word documents. If you need to edit a Word document, I suggest Pages for iPad.

I guess I read his original post as implying that he had Pages for iPad already. :Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I read it the same way. ;D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ditto here. Either that or he is considering purchasing Pages. I have not done a lot in my brief ownership of my iPad and Pages with any MS formatted documents, but it should work as long as the Word doc does not have some crazy formatting in it.

I agree with Chas and others, Dropbox works well. Very well in fact.

Edit: I just dropped a MS Word 2004 doc my neighbor gave me to print out for him into Dropbox. Opened it in Pages and it was fine. There was one warning about one font missing that it replaced, but it looked like it does in Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.