iMac HDD upgrade

Reaction score
hello , i am planning on buying the £999 iMac and was wondering if i ever needed to upgrade my harddrive from 500gb to 1TB would it be possible or not?
and do the apple store upgrade it for you ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
iMacs since 2006 have become more of a NON-DIY, not as easy as removing the back cover housing on the G5. You can do the upgrade yourself if you are tech savvy and have the right environment/work space with the proper tools. As well, yes apple can upgrade for you but to much$$$$. If you are buying new/refurbed from apple it will be accompanied by warranty and you will need to purchase upgrade prior or have apple upgrade for you, as DIY may void the warranty.
*DIY=DO IT YOURSELF*

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new iMac models use special proprietary hard drives designed specifically for Apple. Upgrading the hard drive on an iMac yourself will void your warranty. If you wish to have a larger hard drive, order the upgradeable model of the iMac. The least expensive model is not upgradeable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.