Best place to buy low price/cheap Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Hi

Other than eBay I was wondering what the best place is to buy used AND/OR new mac's?

Mainly looking for a mac mini (Intel and good enough to run Lion). But I have a very limited budget. I'm trying to rid my house of windows! And need a computer to become my main home machine.

Thought there might be people on here who know where the secret places of cheap mac's are :) lol :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There really is no where to get a Mac "cheap" if it's less than 3-4 years old.
They just do not depreciate the way Windows machines do.

Unless you consider a 5-10% discount per year off the brand new price cheap.

But, you could try craigslist.

C

chas_m

The best I can offer you on a recent Mac mini (which are really very good btw) is to check the refurb store on Apple's web site.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Thanks guys!

Yeah... just wondered if there was any where. I'm thinking of a Mac Mini from about '07, something like that...

Oh well, all eyes on Ebay and Craigslist it is then! :)

Reaction score
Yea; just make sure you're getting what you need. The beauty of Macs is that they run efficient for years after you get them. If you aren't doing anything CPU intensive find yourself a good mini and you'll be set for a long time.

Reaction score
There are some other sites out there that specialize specifically in reselling older macs, used or refurbished by the sellers themselves. Macofalltrades.com, PowerMax.com, and my personal favorite Refurbishedmacbookdeals.com, since you can track how the price has fluctuated over a time period or the availability of an item, and it links directly to Apple's store.

Some of the tech forums out there are great places to look as well, while avoiding hassles like ebay's fees. In addition to mac-forums... notebookreview, anandtech, and HardOCP have healthy buy/sell/trade communities, but there are many more out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.