recording on mac mini

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a mac mini. In system preferences, the sound property is like the image in attachment file. I use a headphone to record. But it's not working. How to record now? I'm stuck here. Please help me.

Thanks

sound.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You mean you use a microphone to record, or headphones to listen!
Microphone - input (audio line in port)
Headphones - output (audio line out port)

Sorry, but not understanding what it is that you are asking.
What are you recording on (what software/application)?
Any info you can give can only help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If it's a standard Windows compatible headset with boom mic, then it probably won't work on the Mac. The Mac audio-in port requires an amplified signal, and the headset doesn't provide that. My recommendation would be to either purchase a USB headset or a Griffin iMic which would go between your existing headset and a USB port. The iMic runs about $35-40 or so, and a USB headset should be around the same prices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Ok, now I know that you are using a headset, but you haven't given any other info which might help us help you.
What application are you trying to record on?
Does this headset work with any other computer for recording?

I've never tried recording with one of these headsets, but I am assuming that it is just 2x 3.5mm jacks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Mac audio-in port requires an amplified signal, and the headset doesn't provide that.

I didn't think of that ...not at all familiar with the headsets!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Note: This was posted to our off-topic forum, "The Lounge", but our "other hardware and peripherals" section is more appropriate. Please be sure to read the forum descriptions before posting. This helps to keep the forum organized and a faster response to your question. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.