Installing Targa T3200 on a PPC G5

Reaction score
Hello.
does anyone know how to install this Video card, i have one and i need to get this working on a PPC G5, do i need drivers? which slot do i have to use?
I cant find any drivers for this.

This is the Card

Pinnacle Systems - TARGA 3200

Thank you for reading

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I hope i am wrong on this because I love the G5 series. It looks like that card was only available for Intel Pentium machines. If I am right it won't work in the G5. No need looking for drivers.

I think there were similar cards that would work but the name of one escapes me at the moment.

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for your reply, but im pretty sure that, the targa card was working on a g5, yesterday someone called me and told me that i needed the drivers of targa mac version 3.11 but in i lost any hope i spend the whole day finding those drivers with no success.

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Best I could tell, that whole Targa series was sold to OEMs and was primarily used in Pinnacle's own Deko commercial broadcast boxes and a few other Win 2000 work stations back when RAMBUS memory was in vogue.

All of Pinnacle's own white sheets that I found about that series lists Windows 2K with SP2 as the requirement.
Those things were $6k plus in price and were only compatible with specific motherboards.
It's possible, but I can't see that someone would have spent the time re-writing drivers for OS X back during '01-'03.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nice job. You found a bit more than I did. I know there were some cards that would work with the G5 but haven't had time to check much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.