Help with Photoshop CS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Right thanks to iNap :batman: im on the learning PS bandwagon so i need a pros help

im trying to follow this tutorial HERE and im a little lost as to what to do.

I follow the first part with the pen tool right untill it goes to the new path part. I select the stroke path option and it auto creates itself a new path which is fine, but here are the questions.

what do i do with it now that the selection is in a new path?
should i be sending this to a new file or leave it?

what do i do with the outline of it now?
Leave it there and start the next part or delete it and how to do that without removing it from the new path ive created?

In general i think that the tutorial is meant for someone has a good idea on how to move round PS so i know that im in a little too deep but this is really what i want to be able to do in PS.

All help is greatly appriciated especially with the shortcut keys

J

jessica

First he clearly says in the intro, "This is an advanced piece only do it if you have at least a basic knowledge of Photoshop and its tools." And in my opinion you need to crawl before you can walk. However, if the owner's manual to Photoshop CS does not help you (which it should if your box came with it), then do this:

Once you did the outline he says "Go to the paths window and click new path." The paths window is located on the toolbar that your layer's window is on. There are three default tabs, it should say Paths.

On the bottom the universal photoshop symbol for "new" is there where you would click it once and create a new path. The reason you need to do this is so that you're not crossing lines interior to exterior that is. You want to work with many new paths because you want to make sure you're not crossing lines.

Working in photoshop for your first time and starting with the pen tool is brave and can be done, but I think you should google "beginner tutorials pen tool" or something like that.

Reaction score
;) SORRY inflexion, THAT IS PRETTY COOL WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO. Good Luck, I wish I could point you in the right direction but the blind leading the blind tends to bruise up a bit lol

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jessica i dont have a manual for PS that i know of because it came with my PB when i bought it, i know im really in at the deepend here and have been doing a few other tutorials with the pen. it was just the paths part that was confusing, ill give that a go and see how i go.

If it all goes pete tongue then ill do some easier ones and blame iNap for making me too adventerous to start with :p

thanks for the help though guys

Reaction score
LOL.always jump in feet first Then take off swimming ;)

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea believe it or not thats how i learnt how to fix winblows machines ;)

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well after 4 hours of playing with it im getting somewhere now, i cant do all the colour dodging stuff like the guy in the tutorial but im getting there and so far ive learnt more by doing this any other of the tutorials that ive done so far.

its still rough but at least i can tidy it all up after ive done with the major stuff like adding the other details such as the lights (which im struggling with!!)

feel free to view edit/borrow/seal/make fun of the attached

know im not the best but im getting there

View attachment mx5 tut redo1.psd.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
inflexion said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you misspelled forums in your sig picture

Reaction score
Ok I messed up ( I think I messed with preferences) and things are not working the way they were,Each tool I use seems to be more advanced than I'm use to. My question is, how do you set "everything" to default?

edit:
Nevermind, mybad, I figured out what I did wrong. Setting were set for advanced. I was experimenting and got lost thank goodness for "stepback".... huh..... lol

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my gosh trpnmonkey41 your right, what a plum better go and change it hadnt i

Reaction score
I thought that was part of your think different strategy

Reaction score
I have a photo I took at the Apple Store that is slightly off center, it is kind of tilting to the left, how do I level it to be straight? any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Easiest is to just use iPhoto for this, it has the straighten tool in the Adjust menu, very easy to do. Photoshop you have to rotate it by an exact degree which can be a hassle

Reaction score
I'll try that, thank you.

edit:Wow! that was so easy I'm sure I'll be using that a lot....... THANKS AGAIN!~

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
scauntay thanks for that ill give that a go once i finish this one off

Reaction score
I have a question,How do you delete a perfect circle out of a flattened image?I have been using the lasso but man it's impossible to keep the cursor steady on a curve

S

sursuciofla

iNAP said:
I have a question,How do you delete a perfect circle out of a flattened image?I have been using the lasso but man it's impossible to keep the cursor steady on a curve

If the circle is one color then select magic want to select that area and then delete it. I'd have to see the picture though to really tell you the best way to go about it. There are different ways depending on the situation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.