Help with Photoshop CS

Reaction score
no particular picture just experimenting. Lets say I have a picture of tree tops (all sorts of foliage) and I wanted to cut a circle into it. How would i go about that? The magic wand and lasso are really tricky for those situations. Is there a way just to pick a circle size ,like in filter for twirl or something?

S

sursuciofla

iNAP said:
no particular picture just experimenting. Lets say I have a picture of tree tops (all sorts of foliage) and I wanted to cut a circle into it. How would i go about that? The magic wand and lasso are really tricky for those situations. Is there a way just to pick a circle size ,like in filter for twirl or something?

Okay I think I understand, I hope so anyways. In your toolbar in the very top left you will see a dashed square box (Rectangualr Marquee Tool). Scroll on it hold it down and you should get an option for more tools. You should see one labeled Elliptical Marquee Tool. Select that. You may already know this but if there is a black triangle in the bottom right of a particular tool then if you hold down your mouse button it will reveal additional tools.

BUT back on track........take the Elliptical tool and click on picture and hold down shift and while doing that drag mouse. This will give you a perfect circle, but you must hold down shift while doing it. Then you can use your cursor to move the circle around to where you want it exactly.

If you want to just have the picture that's inside of the circle then go to SELECT - INVERSE from the menu bar. This will cut everything from the outside of the circle when you hit delete. If you want everything on the outside left alone just don't click that option and just click delete. Hopefully I got your question right and I didn't confuse you. I am very confusing sometimes. :black:

Reaction score
OMG you have no ideahow much i just learnt from you last post I had no idea about those other tools, ...Let the fun begin lol ..Thanks again!

Reaction score
SORRY ABOUT THE 3 POSTS IN A ROW BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM,
I accidently clicked the slice tool, How do I get rid of it? Step back does not do it. Only way i can find is to close the image. There has to be another way. Even picking another tool, the slicelines remain. ERRRRR!

S

sursuciofla

iNAP said:
SORRY ABOUT THE 3 POSTS IN A ROW BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM,
I accidently clicked the slice tool, How do I get rid of it? Step back does not do it. Only way i can find is to close the image. There has to be another way. Even picking another tool, the slicelines remain. ERRRRR!

Select View in menu bar and at the very bottom select the Clear Slices button.

Hehe, I am working on my website and have for the past week so been bored and coming here a lot. I will probably go blind one day from looking at the screen so long. I never take the breaks like I am supposed to.

Reaction score
Im new to this! Im use to Flash from college. But I really want to use CS, as I own it. I was wondering how long would it take to practice enough so that I can create pretty good websites that people will pay money for?? Don't get me wrong. Im not about the money. I love learning.

Reaction score
depends on your learning abilities, some learn faster than others. My sgugestion is practice as often as possible, but don't expect to draw in cash for some time to come, the web is full of wannabes ;) look at me for instance, I would love to make cash with it but competition is fierce for someone on the outside of the "know" Master your skills then rethink your $ strategy

Reaction score
One of my lighting effects (in Render) has seemed to disappear I believe it's called blue omni, Would anyone know how to find it?
edit
I did a search with spotlight but I get this, I must have did something accidently to it, it use to open The search came up with this....any ideas?

omni.jpg

Reaction score
bringing back up I guess, I did an awesome image with AC/DC and I blurred it to much I have been trying to fix it but can not figure it out. I got to far ahead of myself and can not step back far enough to eliminate it, Would someone have any suggestions or want to try??
edit: here is the image does anyone know how to unblur it?

acdc-blooper.jpg

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
tried the sharped filter? then enhancing the colours?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.