iPad 2 problem??

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy iPad 2 this weekend that's why i asked my friend who owned one..then she replied
"MY iPad 2 is starting to have a PROBLEM. IT KEEPS ON REBOOTING ITSELF. I JUST BOUGHT THIS LAST APRIL 29TH. NAG CHECK AKO SA FORUM NG APPLE WEBSITE AND IT SAYS THIS ISSUE IS VERY COMMON NOW AND THIS IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM. IN OTHER COUNTRY THEY ARE REPLACING THE DEFECTIVE UNIT! I HOPE THE STORE WILL REPLACE MINE! I'LL BE GOING TO RETURN MY IPAD2 TOMORROW!"
now I'm scarred..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Guess I won the lottery...for now...hasn't rebooted yet! ;D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Haven't had this issue on my iPad 2..and I have no heard any issues widely reported with this..hard to imagine that it's widespread if things are so quiet on this front..especially with the number of iPad 2's that have been sold..

OP
D
Reaction score
i was so excited to buy ipad, but now i'm scarred don't know if i'll buy or not, that's why i decided to join in this forum..the ipad 2 users will surely react of what i posted specially the admin itself..and i know it will help me a lot to decide..:\

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
i was so excited to buy ipad, but now i'm scarred don't know if i'll buy or not, that's why i decided to join in this forum..the ipad 2 users will surely react of what i posted specially the admin itself..and i know it will help me a lot to decide..:\

1) We tend to stay abreast of news on all things Apple, and I don't think any of us has heard of this, so I wouldn't give it a whole lot of credence
2) iPad comes with a one year waranty and Apple stands by their stuff if there is a problem
3) An additional year of waranty is available for purchase through Apple Care if you desire

Bottom line: If you want an iPad buy one, otherwise save your money, but don't let rumors sway you unduly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Well all I got to say that the problem may be one in a million. Just got my iPad 2 today and it's working just as any other cool apple gadget. Apple rocksss !!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No issues with mine either. What is there to be scared of? If it has an issue, it's covered under warranty and you get another. If this was something that was common in the iPad, you'd have heard about it on the nightly news, especially with the bajillions of iPads Apple has sold.

C

chas_m

25 million people have bought iPads, and the "story" (which is what it is) above is the first such report I've heard of (and I'm all over the place in the Mac world). In short, the report has no credibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.