Multiplayer Games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
What are some good online multiplayer games available for Mac (action)?

ex. Halo
Medal of Honor Spearhead

I wish I could play counterstrike, but I'm making do with alternatives (lately MoH). I just want to know what else is out there that I could try.

Reaction score
yes, let's both prey together that Counter-strike comes to the mac :'(

I've been getting into Call of Duty last couple weeks.

What attracted me to CoD was that you have search and destroy modes where one team is planting a bomb and the other is defusing (sound familiar?). Although I find most of the time people ignore the bomb/diffuse aspect of the game, but the option is still there.

It's not as good as CS, but is still a bunch of fun. people tell me Cod:United Offensive has even better game modes where you can drive vehicles, which sounds promosing.

B

brynn

im using a pc but wont to buy an iMac... CS is my main problem but there are plenty of multi player games out there... like world of war craft. also anybody know if cs will run on a mac with windows softwear running?

Reaction score
brynn said:
also anybody know if cs will run on a mac with windows softwear running?

you mean through a Windows Emulator like Virtual PC? Unfortunately no. I mean, if you had a kickass top-of-the-line Powermac with maxed-out RAM you may be able to get a decent frame rate on the original CS, but certainly not CS:Source.

Virtual PC works really well, but as soon as you start doing multimedia tasks like video or games, it quickly becomes cumbersome.

mind you, I have heard of people using 3D Studio Max through Virual PC. Of course I'm sure they had a very fast Mac to pull that off.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
rs2sensen said:
What are some good online multiplayer games available for Mac (action)?

ex. Halo
Medal of Honor Spearhead

I wish I could play counterstrike, but I'm making do with alternatives (lately MoH). I just want to know what else is out there that I could try.

BZFlag, it's a free PC/Mac/Linux tank combat game which is great for LAN parties. Initialy it looks pretty basic but the gameplay is so good (better the more players you have) and so scaleable (it plays well on a low-end Mac or PC regardless of OS or graphics yet looks great on a high end machine) that it becomes addictive. BZEdit will allow you to create your own maps.

The Medal-of-Honour Allied Break-through demo is also pretty good for LAN parties but it doesn't seem to work on AMD-64 PCs.

UT 2003 is another good one but you need at least one copy of the full game. The plus side is that the same copy can be installed on many machines.

Halo is another contender but you have to download some patches to get Macs and Pcs to play together and IIRC you need a copy on each machine.

Amen-Moses

L

lilcrazy707

You can get Wolfenstein Enemy Teritorry that is almost like counter strike its the next best thing I think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Yeah that is one heck of a game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.