Migrating iOS devices from Windows to Mac OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
So I'm planning on purchasing a Mac, hopefully today, and so I'll have to do the whole migrating thing. I know that for migrating iTunes between Windows 7 computers all iTunes really needs are the xml files and library files, which to my understanding are the same across operating systems. So if I simply copy the iTunes folder (where all my music, and I believe all my apps are though they may be in that annoying hidden app-data folder) off of my Windows machine and copy it to the appropriate folder on the Mac (users/Music?) will everything, my iPhone and my iPad, sync perfectly with no issues? Or are there additional hoops I'd have to jump through to get it working?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, it doesn't say anything about syncing though, but I assume it should be fine.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks, it doesn't say anything about syncing though, but I assume it should be fine.

Yep. Provided the library is identical, it should be fine.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.