• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Launches 2011 Back To School Promotion In US And Europe, Features $100 Gift Car

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
any idea when this is to end? hopefully near the end of august?

Reaction score
Usually it ends anywhere between 1-3 days to a week before they introduce new iPod's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is it not possible to get an iPod? If so, that's not cool.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As someone who already owns an iPod (and did when I took advantage of the back to school deal), this might be easy for me to say but I think this is a much better deal. First off, giving students $100 worth of software is still pretty generous. Secondly, and more pragmatically, such a gift card gives students a chance to purchase software at no cost to them that they otherwise might have had to purchase. I would have been thrilled if someone had given me $100 to pay for my Office 2011 academic licence considering that, as I said, I already owned an iPod. Sure, some who don't have an iPod might feel as if Apple burned them but they should be happy that Apple is still being quite generous with students considering that they have absolutely no obligation to do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
While that is true, I'm not talking about people who don't already have ipods. Though, I'm sure that's incentive enough to purchase a Mac. I'd rather take an ipod, sell it after the rebate comes in, and pocket more than the simple gift card's worth of 100 bones. You can buy yourself a $100 gift card, as well as whatever else you want to cover the difference. If you don't have the motivation/time to do that, than a gift card is obviously easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.