MBP fan issue

Reaction score
Recently the fan on my macbook pro has been running loudly. I blew the dust out of it however the noise is still there. I'm figuring its probably a bad bearing or something and the whole fan needs to be replace. However, upon doing some research online for a new fan, i find that most places only sell the left and or right fan. My 15" inch macbook pro only has one. Does anyone know were i could get a new fan for this thing? I got it in late 2009 and the model number is (A1286) Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Reaction score
Hi,

The fan on my MBP is running very loudly at the moment, though it does not always run loudly all the time (I'm currently uploading a lot of files) - just wondering would it be because of the uploading or might there be a 'problem' with the fan? Cheers

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
T
Reaction score
No i dont think it would be because of that. I took the bottom case off for cleaning and when it spins it still makes the noise. I could probably get used to it but im sure it will probably fail soon and cause overheating issues.

OP
T
Reaction score

Here is a picture of my mac with the case off so you all can see the fan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.