Notes on iphone deleted

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ok so, I've always kept my notes on the iphone and have never backed them up, I have about 200 of various bits and pieces that are fairly important to me.

I noticed when I accidently opened my mail on my macbook that it synched the notes. I didn't want them on my laptop so I deleted, not knowing that when I synched my phone...what happens, all my notes have been deleted.

Totally my fault I know, is there any way I can get these back now?

I've looked in mail under trash but I'm afraid they've gone.

I did a little search and I've come across expensive extractors, Is this the only way?

Any help would be great.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you haven't resynched your iPhone since you lost your notes it is possible/probable that iTunes has a backup of your previous synch available. If so, you should be able to restore to it. Before you try turn off automatic synching in device preferences (which is where you will also be looking for the backup).

OP
M
Reaction score
you know I think I synched it again after. so the sync available is the one that wiped it in the first place... I think thats the only solution right?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I think it only maintains a backup of the previous synch (worth double-checking) so if you have synched again since you lost your notes you have probably overwritten the backup file.
You might check some of the jailbreak APPs (I'm not really familiar with any of this). But I know there are APPs available to do a finder examination of your iPhone once it has been jailbroken. Don't know if the notes would still be on the device (but again worth a google search at least).
Sorry, I can't help any more than this.

I'm assuming you don't have a Time Machine backup available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.