what would you suggest?

Reaction score
Hi! new to the forums. Just wanted you ask you guys a question and get some quick advice.

My current HP PC specs are AMD quadcore phenom with 6GB of RAM, a 750GB hard drive, a 512MB GeForce 9800GT graphics card, a TV tuner, and 802.11n wireless connectivity, dvd/cd burner. I don't ever use the TV tuner feature. I bought this PC back in February of 2009 and got it for $650.00 with a included keyboard and mouse on a refurbished website deal. well the PC has recently been giving me some problems with blue screens and resetting on its own, I have a bad feeling either my hard drive or mother board might be on there way out.

well my question is I have been considering buying a MAC for my next computer, I found a MAC mini about 3 months old for sale for $500 with included apple wireless keyboard. the mini specs : 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
320GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Is the Mini worth the money? I know its getting long in the tooth. Will I be disappointed with the Mini's performance? My requirements for a desktop are web surfing, email, Itunes, HD streaming, video torrents and occasional gaming (once in a blue moon, not really important)
I also plan to upgrade the Mini to 4gb if I buy it.

So what do you guys think? the reason I even hunted down the Mini is because I already have a acer monitor and figured the Mini was the cheapest way into a MAC.

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27 iMac 2.93
I think that will be sufficient with all your needs as 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo should be able to process all your streaming needs, as well as the 320m, I believe thats 512mb. Don't forget you can also use pc version as well on that mac mini so you can go back and forth at your leisure. But overall I think you will be happy with OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That will probably suit your needs pretty well. I wouldn't expect a great gaming experience with the higher-end games., but otherwise it should suit you very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.