Apple TV 2 Password errors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 GHz C2D 4GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 9400 | iPhone 3GS | TV2
Recently, after installing the latest software update, my YouTube password and iTunes password were forgotten. When I typed them in again, the message on screen said Error: the password's incorrect or there's a connection error. Well, my broadband's fine. And the passwords were both correct.

Has anyone else got this problem/a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is the ATV showing itself hooked up to your Broadband?

OP
archos4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 GHz C2D 4GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 9400 | iPhone 3GS | TV2
Yes, I can still view movies on the itunes store and play Youtube content. I can also play films and music I didn't pay for over iTunes. It's just content I've purchased from the iTunes store and my YouTube favourites I can't view.

Reaction score
that happen to me the other day to me asking for my itunes password and saying it was wrong many times. I wen tot my computer and logged out of itunes and re-logged in and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Reaction score
Why do I have to sign up for an account with itunes store when all I want to watch are my movies that I have stored in itunes. I have no intention of buying anything from itunes.
I have to have a password to view my own material.
Any help would be greatly apprciated. Joe

Reaction score
PS. I forgot to mention that I am trying to setup the latest version of apple tv.Joe

Reaction score
There is a "Bug" in the latest Firmware that was just released, When you update the Firmware the first thing it does is reset your Apple TV to factory settings, You than need to connect it back to your network and run the update a SECOND time. Otherwise you will be left in a "hung state"

The 2nd firmware update is what actually install the Firmware, than you wont get the "Cannot Connect to the Itunes store" error

Bit of a PITA... But whatever

From the Apple Support WebSite

"Apple TV devices with software version 4.4 and 4.4.1 have an issue with updating software to later versions. The recommended way to resolve this is go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings, prior to updating. Note: If you apply the software update without resetting all settings first, the updater will reset the settings for you.

Once the Apple TV has been reset, you can then successfully update to the latest software by going to Settings -> General -> Update Software.

We recognize that this is an inconvenience and apologize."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.