Firefox not saving my settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I went into preferences and changed the setting to Never Remember History, but I would like to change it to the Custom Setting, but when I do and close the preferences window, it doesn't save. There is no option to save it, you just have to X out of the window. Any ideas what is going on? The only addons that I have are Echofon and Tab Mix Plus and neither of them seem to have settings that would affect Firefox remembering the settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
Mac Firefox history/cookie Perferences not saving

I was having the same problem, trying to save "Use custom settings for history". I've tried every fix I could find via search, to no avail. What I HAVE found to work is UN-checking "Accept third-party cookies". I have no explanation for this, nor does this makes sense, but it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
I began at the Moz forums, but had no luck. Of course, I could have been searching for the wrong terms. I'm not impressed with site content search engines.

Reaction score
Just post a thread there as opposed to searching. The link I posted is directly to where you want to start a thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.