Terminal Help

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am only very casually versed in AppleScript. I understand the language and the basics, but I haven't had extensive experience in it yet, so when it comes to the more complicated tasks I get lose in trying to figure out which commands/syntax are most appropriate.

I am using a program called PsyScope to run some psychological experiments. Currently we need to run 4-5 experiments through PsyScope. We don't want to have to manually open each experiment. Due to the way PsyScope works, Automator on its own can't create a workflow that does it right (because we need the experiment to finish running before the next one opens). PsyScope, however, CAN interact with Unix/Applescript/the Terminal (I'm not sure what method to use, either).

So what I want to do is create a script where PsyScope sends a stimulus to the Terminal at the end of the experiment that automatically opens up the next experiment. The experiments are all stored on the Desktop. (This website has some particulars about the idiosyncrasies of PsyScope/Unix interaction. It's not necessary to read, I am familiar with it so I can make adjustments based on it, but just figured I'd let you know in case looking at it gives you any good ideas).

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't really know how to answer you question. If you do the following Google search you'll find some responses from me here that mention shell use that might be helpful to you.

Code:
site:mac-forums.com xstep shell applescript

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.