US Bank Online Deposit/ not finding my Epson TWAIN scanner driver

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has US Bank and has experienced this or has experienced it elsewhere...

US Bank now offers online deposit via a scanner. Their site searches your computer for a scanner driver that is TWAIN compatible. I have an EPSON Stylus NX420 all-in-one, which should meet their TWAIN requirement, and I have the "image capture" software for the scanner installed and updated. But the Bank site does not recognize it or something and says it finds nothing compatible. It does find an old HP driver that i still had installed for my old all-in-one that I no longer own. I also tried installing VueScan, which did not help. I tried it in Safari and Firefox.

Not sure if this could be a mac compatibility issue or if it is the Epson software that is not compatible with the bank's site? Or, do I need to download some other TWAIN driver or something beyond "image capture"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure if this could be a mac compatibility issue or if it is the Epson software that is not compatible with the bank's site? Or, do I need to download some other TWAIN driver or something beyond "image capture"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have that same all in one printer which I received for free when I purchased the new iMac for our business. There is a Twain compatible driver that's installed if your ran the OS X installation for the printer.

However, it's likely your bank's software does not recognize the Mac driver. Some banks or financial institutions do not provide on line banking for Mac users. You will need to contact someone at the bank and ask about it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See my reply right above yours. Until banks realize that not everyone uses a Windows computer to access their on line banking options, you'll just have to use another method. My bank, (Wells Fargo) does provide access for Mac machines as well as Windows.

Reaction score
After hours of asking around from tech support from Apple and Epson with no resolve. I got this message in an email today.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Our Deposit Point feature is designed to work on 32-bit Java only. Currently MAC OS 10.7 is only set to run at 64-bit Java.

I understand and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns I may address.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like I said above..... However, more banking institutions are realizing that not everyone is on a Win machine and have been making adjustments. Ask them to update their software to accept 64 bit Java.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.