Cross Country Tour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of driving across the country, from California to NJ. I created a blog specifically for my trip where I'm posting tons of pictures from my trip. I'd love if you could give me any feedback on how to make it better. Thanks!

The Vagrant Lawyer

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's pretty kool Kash.

Did something similar about 40 yrs ago, albeit in the opposite direction, from Key West to LA. Of course, I missed Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama... Flew over those. Knew better than to hitchhike across those 3 states. Texas was a little better, but did get driven to the city limits and told never to come back in Junction. ;D Scottsdale on the other hand, you could easily make 5 times the daily minimum wage in about 4 hours spare changing in the street.

Have a great trip.

Taking your time or do you have to be in NJ by a certain date?
Give a holler if you're coming through this neck of the woods.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Awesome. Did a similar trek when I was in the Navy - going from LA to Virginia taking the southerly route. What an experience that was. It was the time of the LA floods and mudslides. Drove through every weather system imaginable - broke down in Sallisaw Ok, where we were stuck for 3 days. So we drank a lot of cheap pitchers of beer and somehow I learned to two-step - still a little fuzzy as to how that happened. Oh to be 20-something again!

Look forward to seeing more pics. Safe travels. :)

OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Thanks guys!

Bob, I'm taking my time, seeing the sites but I do have to be in Jersey by June 24th. Today I'm going to go across to Amarillo, TX and then straight down to Dallas to stay with the fiancee for a few days.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you have time, take a detour by Palo Duro Canyon (about 30 miles south of Amarillo). Not as impressive as the Grand Canyon, but still worth a look.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nice pics. I had intended to do something like this on our trip to AZ summer before last. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired though. I'll second the idea of checking out some of the canyons in Texas.

C

chas_m

My wife and I did a similar trip moving from Florida to British Columbia. We set up a blog using Blogger and a photo gallery using MobileMe, which worked out GREAT.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.