Setting up a network printer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I am trying to set up my printer on my new macbook pro and can't seem to find it. I have a windows desktop that is on a network and has a printer connected to it via usb. With my dell, I was able to search the network and add the printer, but I can't seem to find it with my mac. When I click on the plus sign to add a printer, nothing shows up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you try connecting it via usb to the Mac then set it up then try networking thats how the instructions for my HP worked.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try connecting it via usb to the Mac then set it up then try networking thats how the instructions for my HP worked.

I just plugged it in and it found the printer and it's listed there now, but I can't get it to go online when I unplug it from the computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I am trying to set up my printer on my new macbook pro and can't seem to find it. I have a windows desktop that is on a network and has a printer connected to it via usb. With my dell, I was able to search the network and add the printer, but I can't seem to find it with my mac. When I click on the plus sign to add a printer, nothing shows up.

This may be a dumb question, but is this printer a wireless printer? If it is, why would you still plug it into the usb of the your desktop.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I plugged it in because to see if it would install the drivers, but I actually got it figured out. I was able to search the network and connected. Thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.