Remove Purchases

Reaction score
Hi, over the past two years, I've bought a lot of apps for my iPhone to test out, and now I don't want them on my accoutrements purchase history anymore so if I buy a new iOS device, it only syncs the apps I actually want. Does anyone know how to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You can't remove the App Store "memory" of your purchases.
However, you can tell iTunes not to sync new purchases to your iOS devices and you can always specify which apps do/do not sync by checking/unchecking them. When you connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes, click on your iPhone in the left column to select it and then click on the "Apps" tab towards the top of the window to show all the apps purchased by your account. This is where you select what you do/don't want to sync and also scroll down beneath all your apps is a check box to sync new purchases. Uncheck that. You now have manual control over what is/isn't synced.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok, so when iCloud is released I can just choose the apps that I want from a new device?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no need to wait for iCloud, you can sync only the apps you want right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.