Problems with Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Anyone else been having problems with Apple Mail.
Its been working fine for 12 months no issues then suddenly decided to stop sending, but still receives OK.
I have checked the smtp settings and they are definately correct, as they have always been.
As a test i set up Thunderbird, and that sends fine as does Outlook.

The message i get is cannot send mail using the server mail.xxx.co.uk (my own domain) check your smtp settings and or verify the message is addressed correctly, as is say the settings are 100% correct, (been using this mail for 16 years), just odd how other programs will send and mail wont, i have deleted the account and set it up again, same issue.
Any input would be appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try changing your master password from the mail server side. Also change it in Mail and save it to your keychain. Let's see if that works.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Odd working again now, even though i hadnt changed anything since last time

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope it worked fine in outlook and thunderbird on the mac just not in mail, so problem was in apple mail, just weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.