One Mac has 'net, the other doesn't. AirPort connected to network.

Reaction score
My fiancee and I each have a macbook.

My mac (white): 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Mac OS X version 10.6.6

Her mac (silver with black keys): 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Mac OS X version 10.5.8

----

As of last night she can no longer access the internet using Safari or Firefox. I am having no problem whatsoever. We are both using AirPort to connect to the same network, as we have been doing for years. We can even see other networks from the neighborhood. Her AirPort says she is connected to our network, but Safari gives her "You are not connected to the Internet." We have reset Safari, shut down and rebooted her computer, reset the cable modem, reset the wireless router, turned AirPort off and back on, and walked through the "Network Diagnostics" in Safari. She still has no internet access, but mine is working great. What should we do to fix this?

Thanks

OP
L
Reaction score
Just discovered something on her computer.

Under Network Preferences, the status reads "On. AirPort has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet."

Mine says what network I'm connected to and what my IP is.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

Make sure her machine has "DHCP" selected under "Airport", "Advanced", "TCP/IP". (System Preferences, Network)

You might also want to reboot your router. Just turn it off for a bit and then turn it on again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.