Font problem: AGA Arabesque

Reaction score
Hi

I have downloaded AGA Arabesque which is supposed to be Mac Compatible. On Pages the normal letter (e.g. "D") appears instead of the Arabesque symbol. On Word for Mac empty blocks appear.

Can anyone help please? Thanx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That font is not compatible with MS Office for the Mac. It may work with the MS Office Arabic language pack, but that's Windows only. Where did you install the font to? I can't tell you if it's compatible with Pages, however, most fonts will work OK in Pages if they can be installed.

Something else.... Have you selected "Arabic" as the input source in System Preferences, Language & Text?

OP
N
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Where did you install the font to?
I used install font in the font book. It appears under "All fonts" "User" and "Computer" but not "English" collection.
Have you selected "Arabic"
Yes I have, but this font whilst using Arabic script is not Arabic per se. Its supposed to work like wingdings

OP
N
Reaction score
I found a solution of sorts. Its rather clumsy but beats the alternative of throwing away my Macbook :)

AGA Islamic Phrases has the basic characters I need and is compatible with Pages. I type them out in Pages, copy, paste into Word Scrapbook and use from there. :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back the solution. I'm sorry that you have to do the copy and paste routine, but I suppose if it works, it's better than nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.