need help deciding on imac

Reaction score
I bought my first apple march 2010. I bought a 13"mbp the baseline 2.4ghz and maxed out the ram to 8gb. I love it and am thinking of buying an Imac base line. My fiance wants to buy my mbp. I was thinking is an imac that much more of a performer. i was thinking I could just install a ssd and that may give me the oomph i am needing. I do a lot of photoshop work. I know that my quadcore windows machine needed the power, but my mbp runs rings around that amd machine. I was just curious as to the true performance gain. I am just looking at buying the base 21.5 and maxing out the ram.

any help or insight would be appreciated. I will miss the edit on site feature but if work pics up might grab a base air for on site work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
I bought my first apple march 2010. I bought a 13"mbp the baseline 2.4ghz and maxed out the ram to 8gb. I love it and am thinking of buying an Imac base line. My fiance wants to buy my mbp. I was thinking is an imac that much more of a performer. i was thinking I could just install a ssd and that may give me the oomph i am needing. I do a lot of photoshop work. I know that my quadcore windows machine needed the power, but my mbp runs rings around that amd machine. I was just curious as to the true performance gain. I am just looking at buying the base 21.5 and maxing out the ram.

any help or insight would be appreciated. I will miss the edit on site feature but if work pics up might grab a base air for on site work.

You have a few macs, you know the power.....Go on, take the leap!

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
As someone who bought both the iMacs 21 and 27 recently, I would say go for the bigger size.

You get more space to view everything, and the cost factor isn't that great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.