Macbook Pro Disaster!

Reaction score
My late 2007 silver key Macbook pro fell off my table yesterday :angry: It fell while it was closed. It was making a beeping noise so i took the battery out. I have bootcamp installed with windows 7. For some reason it has always booted straight to windows. So i booted it up but got a blank black screen that flashed a warning too fast to read. So I rebooted it holding option and chose osx, keyboard and mouse worked fine, but wheni clicked osx it froze again. I tried going to both windows and mac, windows always froze on a black screen and osx always froze when i clicked it off bootcamp menu. So i clicked osx and left for a while. And when i came back i had the windows warning, saying that startup failed do to and external harddrive blah blah blah or a corrupt internal harddrive. Thiws sucks cause i have all of my university work on it and i have no backups. Is it possible to fix? or at least get all my files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
It sounds like a trip to an Apple Store is in your future I hate to say.
And since it's out of warranty you may be in for some bad news.
Good luck, gtirr

OP
K
Reaction score
well if i have to pay thats fine, like ill buy the new hard drive, im just hoping that i can recover some files

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The beeping noise may indicate that one or more of the memory modules have become dislodged or loose. Open up the machine, remove the battery and pull the memory modules out one by one and push them back in. If you're lucky it may boot. Usually a fall will also damage the hard drive.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Also, you can change your default startup OS in System Preferences => Startup Disk, or under Windows, Control Panel => Boot Camp => Startup Disk (if you don't have that icon in the Control Panel, you may have neglected to install the Boot Camp support software).

OP
K
Reaction score
it changed it to osx it just never worked... hopefully i can get it up and running soon maybe i dont have the support tools

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.