Font Issues in MS Word

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this has been covered before, or I have put it in the wrong forum.

I am currently running Microsoft Office (are we allowed to say that here!? ha) for Mac and it isn't displaying bullet points correctly.

I've contacted them and they gave me a set of instructions which haven't worked so I was wondering if it something to do with my font book.

I've noticed that if I go into font book and disable "User" fonts when I start up word, it does infact display the bullet points correctly!? Although notifications asking to use fonts appear on launching the program.

Also if I go to the User fonts in font book and click on the symbol font it displays no characters, however if I look at the list of computer fonts and click on the symbol font it does show characters.

My knowledge of the apple font system isn't much, I was just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks,

Ed

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum and title edited for clarity.

Microsoft Office uses a separate font folder that is a sub folder of the system fonts folder. Chances are you have a font conflict. Open your Font Book application (Applications -> Font Book.app) and validate the fonts while at the same time remove duplicates. The application will tell you if there are dupes. Click on "resolve" for each one that's a dupe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.