Excel for Mac giving me #VALUE! for everything

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a spreadsheet that was originally made for PC's (I'm assuming) and I'm trying to use it on a Mac. Thing is, the sheet uses a custom function and some of the formulas are kind of complicated.

Two examples are:

Code:
=GetURLmetrics(A10,TRUE)

and

Code:
=MID($B10,(FIND(C$9,$B10)+LEN(C$9)+1),(FIND(",",$B10,(FIND(C$9,$B10)))-FIND(C$9,$B10)-(LEN(C$9)+1)))

Could it be that the formulas are supposed to be written differently on a Mac vs. a PC? If so, could someone point me in the right direction? If these are written incorrectly, how would I change them to make them valid for Excel on Mac?

Thank you,

Brandon

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Looks to be definitely a VBA macro - actually 2. I take it you've grabbed this excel file from somewhere are are trying to tailor it to your own needs? I definitely recommend you visit the Office for Mac forum I linked to. I don't really tinker with VBA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.